FLAT ROCK PHYSICIANS
QUALITY HEALTH CARE
Trained in Family Practice which allows our Doctors to provide high-quality medical treatment from birth through geriatrics.
A central resource for all your health care needs. Dr. Fretz, Dr. Patterson, and staff will make you feel like you are the most important part of the health care team. You are welcome and invited to participate in all aspects of your care.
We will also help you find needed information and resources about:
- Health conditions/latest treatments
- Home care, equipment, and vendors
- Support services for your family
- Other key local services
Our Patient-Centered Medical Home is accessible, continuous, comprehensive, family-centered, coordinated, compassionate and culturally effective care.
The Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) is an approach to providing comprehensive care to adults, youth and children. The PCMH will broaden access to primary care while enhancing care coordination with the broader care community.
Primary care physicians practicing in the highest level medical home will:
- Take personal responsibility and accountability for the ongoing care of patients;
- Be accessible to patients on short notice, for expanded hours, and open scheduling;
- Be able to conduct consultations through email and telephone;
- Utilize the latest health information technology and evidence-based medical approaches, as well as maintain updated electronic personal health records;
- Conduct regular check-ups with patients to identify looming health crises, and initiate treatment/prevention measures before costly, last-minute emergency procedures are required;
- Advise patients on preventive care based on environmental and genetic risk factors they face;
- Help patients make healthy lifestyle decisions; and
- Coordinate care, when needed, making sure procedures are relevant, necessary, and performed efficiently.
To realize this vision, primary care physicians cannot work alone. The evolution of the PCMH model has recently expanded to include specialists. This model is referred to as the PCMH-Neighborhood (PCMH-N).
The PCMH-N is a community of caregivers that measure performance, set goals, track progress, and coordinate services across the care continuum for its patient population. The neighborhood accepts responsibility for delivering effective and efficient patient care across care settings. To embody this commitment, we follow these principles of patient-centered care:
- The option to develop an ongoing relationship with a personal physician;
- Physician-directed medical practice;
- Whole person orientation;
- Coordinated care across the health system;
- Ongoing, voluntary pursuit of quality and safety;
- Enhanced access to care; and payment recognizing the value added.
Access and Communication:
When you call the office, be sure to tell the receptionist the reason for your appointment so we can plan on a date and time that is most convenient for you as best as we can.
Physical Exams & Routine Visits
Appointments for physical exams and routine visits are always avaialbgle and can be scheduled as needed.
General Colds & Flu
Illnesses are unexpected and we will gladly work around your schedule to bring you in for immediate care and attention.
If you feel that you have a life-threatening emergency, call 911 or go straight to the nearest hospital emergency room.
Medical Record Updates
Please inform us of any care you have received through any after-hours facility or provider. Help keep your records updated.
Employees are constantly educated so they are up to date with health conditions and the latest treatments for your families' safety.
WHAT CLIENTS SAY?
KIND WORDS FROM OUR CLIENTS
"I just wanted to thank Dr. Patterson for his accurate diagnosis and treatment. Please let him know that I am pain-free now. The pains that I had are completely gone--they went away about 10 days after completing the antibiotics. I appreciated the way that Dr. Patterson explained the potential causes of the pain and that he was very thorough during the exam. He also listened closely to what I had to say and the concerns that I had. Also please thank Dr. Patterson for calling me with regards to the PSA test results. He eased some of my worries by agreeing to have my PSA levels tested despite my age, but with regard to family history."
Resources we want you to know about:
- - Assn. Independently Practicing Physicians